A Conversation for Milpitas, California, USA

SCA HQ

Post 1

R#35555(Dust and Lint Department)

Milpitas is also home to the head office of the Society for Creative Anachronism.


SCA HQ

Post 2

Wampus

Really? That's the society that puts on medival combat at Ren Faires, is it not?

Where at in Milpitas is it located?


SCA HQ

Post 3

Researcher 151067

Actually, the SCA doesn't have anything to do with RenFaire. Officially anyway. The groups of people overlap, but they're separate organizations. (I was raised a SCAdian, and have never ever been to Faire) The SCA is self-contained. Your persona can't be someone who actually lived, only someone who MIGHT have lived. Some people get really into researching and living their personas, others (like me) have a basic time period and a name, and little else. SCA events aren't necessarily open to the public, and are very different from what I understand Faire is like.

The office is on Abel, across from the Jack in the Box.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Milpitas, California, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more