A Conversation for Toulouse, Haute Garonne, France

Toulouse

Post 1

Researcher 201066

Good description, but one slight typo: it's la ville rose.

Don't forget the superior rugby team, Stade Toulousain; the quirky bars: Le Why Not, Cafe des Artistes, Bar Basque; the flea market at St Sernin on a Sunday morning; la fete de la musique; the market on boulevard Strasbourg (Saturday); l'orchestre du capitol. In Winter you are 1.5 hours from the pistes of the Pyrenees where there is quality skiing to be had. In Summer, both Mediterranean and Atlantic are within 1.5-2 hours drive. If you are a history buff, then the route des Cathares, Albi and the Citadel of Carcassone will keep you busy for a while.

And if you cannot face all that, then just chill in the place Capitole at one of the many bars.


Toulouse

Post 2

Mikey Bee

Thanks for your feedback! Just to correct your correction it was the editors who mis-spelt La Ville Rose not me! Below is my unedited entry which you can view by searching for Toulouse too!

Regards,
Michael

Due to a shortage of stone, the modern city was built in red brick, giving it the name "La Ville Rose", this makes Toulouse a very beautiful and Southern looking city.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Toulouse, Haute Garonne, France

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more