A Conversation for Juana (la Loca) of Castille

Juana (la Loca) of Castille

Post 1

Researcher 201940

As I was reading this entry, I discovered that it has two (2) erros in the biographical entry of "Juana de Castilla."

1. I quote: "Juana loved her husband with a passion and bore him two sons Charles and Ferdinand, and three daughters Eleanor, Catherine and Mary."

This is partially correct. Juana gave birth to four daughters, not three, and the name of the one missing here is "Isabelle." She was born in 1501, and she was the third child born to Juana and Felipe. Isabelle later married Christian of Denmark, thus becoming his Queen consort.

2. "...in 1509 when he finally persuaded his daughter to bury the coffin of her late husband and confined her to the castle of Tordesillas. She was furnished with small court and her sister Catherine for company."

The information given here that concerns Catherine, who accompanied the Queen to her confinement is not his sister Catherine (she was in England and married still to Henry VIII), but this is her daughter "Catalina," her last child. She later married Juan III of Portugal.

I hope this clarifies this entry.

Cheers!


Key: Complain about this post

Juana (la Loca) of Castille

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more