A Conversation for Counter-Strike - the Computer Game

Stunning Realism?

Post 1

Bez (arguaby the finest figure of a man ever found wearing Bez's underwear) <underpants>

Now I love Counter Strike as much as the next man (and I live next door to two compulsive CS addicts) but I'm not sure that you can say it has 'stunning realism'.

Sure it's real-world weapons and settings, but it's not very realistic. Try SWAT 3 or Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint for realism. CS is definately one of the best squad based FPS around, but realistic it's not.

Bez


Stunning Realism?

Post 2

pip

i dont think i said it had stuning relsum. you could have been foold by my terbel spleing. i agry that the games you meched ate much beter fro relsom, espshly flash pont.

phil


Stunning Realism?

Post 3

Ant

Counter Strike is stunning, not in realism, but in game-play. Its very easy to en up playing it for hours on end because its so good. The ability to talk to your team-mates and those that are dead (once you are) adds an extra social element to the game.

It's great, if you haven't tried it then you should, especially when Condition Zero comes out in December (a bit more realism!!)


Stunning Realism?

Post 4

enricothesecond

Realism, hmm.....how many people here have actually been in any situation like any of these games portray, let alone held a real gun for that matter. The word real cannot come anywhere near these games.

Sorry to get all serious but hey.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more