A Conversation for Jake Thackray - the Entertainer

folk festivals

Post 1

joecaprani

Are any of you going to any of the folk festivals in the UK this year?
I shall be at Cambridge Folk Festival (1st weekend of August) and wouldn't mind meeting any Jake fans there.


folk festivals

Post 2

Researcher 189799

With reference to you posting on h2g2 regarding the Folk festival in Cambridge, as the posting was undated would you confirm that this is for 2002 as most of the Jake Thackray postings are all dated 2001.

If this did refer to 2001 can you tell me if there are any this year which will include Jakes songs


folk festivals

Post 3

joecaprani

Hi,
don't take this the wrong way....but the reason there isn't a date on the posting (at the moment) is that it actually says "posted Yesterday"....so, by tomorrow (the 16th) it should then say "posted 14th May 2002" (I hope).

So.....my posting actually relates to the 2002 festival. And I was just asking if there would be any Jake fans from here going to the festival so I might have a chance to meet up and discuss things Thackrayan (as it were).

I don't think it likely that any of the billed performers would be singing any of Jakes material (but we can live in hope).....but hey, if you sing the odd JT ditty yourself, you could always sign up for a 10 or 15minute slot in the club tent to sing them to whoever is there at the time........
regards Joe

p.s. I don't always notice the obvious either ;0)


folk festivals

Post 4

philreckless

Well balanced reply, Joe!
I'm going to the Fairport Conevtion Annual Reunion at Cropredy, Oxfordshire, 2nd weekend in August (2002), but before that, the 1st Bishops Castle Folk Festival, Shropshire, 24-26 May (2002), where my band is performing!
Will you be at eiher?
Instant messages can be gained through the new discussion group, jakethackray at topica dot com...if you know what I mean!
Phil


folk festivals

Post 5

philreckless

CONVENTION!


folk festivals

Post 6

Researcher 194794

Hey Joe. I live in Cambridge! and although I don't make it to the folk Festival I do walk my dog every Wednesday on Coldhams Common where the camping is as my wife does the Sainsbury's thing. I would be very pleased to meet up with you, and maybe Ill try to put my JT disks on tapes for the car. Give me a shout.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more