A Conversation for Jake Thackray - the Entertainer

Who plays Jake?

Post 21

philreckless

Wow, impressive!


Who plays Jake?

Post 22

Suliz

Hello Malcolm,
I'd come to see you - where do you play?
Regards, Suliz


Who plays Jake?

Post 23

David W Harris

Malcolm,

Weve got a new E Group setup and Im trying to add all of his lyrics. It looks like you may have one that I dont : Nurse.

any chance you could post it here or email it to me at doctor_tarot(at)hotmail(dot)com If it fails, just do a google search for g8ina (my old Radio Ham callsign) and you will find me that way.

also missing : Remember Bethlehem, Romance (nose picking ??), The Royal Engagement, North Country Song and North Riding.

Cheers

David H


Who plays Jake?

Post 24

Researcher 205490

I've just come across this site, and I'm looking at messages a year old, or more! Aarrgh! I hope this can still find you. I expect you have 'On Again..." from a hundred sources, but I'm a big fan and small time guitar player and I'm hoping you can let me have chords you use and or music for other of Jake's unpublished songs eg 'Jolly Captain'. I'd be very grateful. If you don't have the Jake Thackray Songbook, I'll photocopy it or scan it and send it to you...


Best wishes

Bill Thomas
[email protected]


Who plays Jake?

Post 25

Researcher 210284

Malcolm,

I know this is a continually asked question but could you forward chords (or even better tab)for On Again.

I had a version some time ago but never got to grips and then lost them I have the words ok. Decided to have another go when I heard Bernard Wrigley do it recently.

Started to play Jake again - have been a fan since 70's

Hope you can help

Alan


Who plays Jake?

Post 26

philreckless

Alan,
Mail me at phireckless on the hotmail address and I can help you more
Phil


Who plays Jake?

Post 27

philreckless

Alan,
Mail me at philreckless on the hotmail address and I can help you more
Phil


Who plays Jake?

Post 28

Researcher 212945

Hi Jake lovers. What a sad day. The great man is gone, but never to be forgotten. But 'No sad wet weepings, no tearing of hair, no sighs, no lack-a-days, no woe-is-me's and non of your sad adieus.
We will drink a toast to his wonderful songs and to his memory..Cheers.


Who plays Jake?

Post 29

Researcher 212945

Hi Jake lovers. What a sad day. The great man is gone, but never to be forgotten. But 'No sad wet weepings, no tearing of hair, no sighs, no lack-a-days, no woe-is-me's and non of your sad adieus.
We will drink a toast to his wonderful songs and to his memory..Cheers. Graham.
P.S. I would apreciate Tab for 'Country Girl' if anyone has it?


Who plays Jake?

Post 30

Researcher 213096

I knew Jake or John as his real name was when I was a school boy in N.Wales.Does anyone know his personal circumstances during the past few years?


Who plays Jake?

Post 31

Researcher 213852

The song is called "Romance" loads of lyrics on this site
http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/~scs1ec/jakethackray.html


Who plays Jake?

Post 32

Researcher 214299

I've been playing Jake's songs for just over 20 years... all my guitar-toting mates were doing the Beatles/Dylan/metal thing, I wanted something different. These days it's hard to get anything else in edgeways (like "fishslice"?). Too late for Braden, I first saw Jake on That's Life and for another load of years all I could remember was the line "Oh, Sister Josephine.." and a recollection of faint mirth! This became the first song I ever learnt from sheet music... several more followed and I'm still at it! Some people think it's all I do - you're right it does fill any empty spaces in the schedule. I hadn't heard any definite news of Jake for a while, and it is with great sadness that I heard of his death. Long may his memory and his songs remain.


Key: Complain about this post