A Conversation for How To Be a Tour Guide

I need a tour guide's help!

Post 1

jamyrene

I'm an italian student of foreign languages and i would like to prepare my degree thesis on "The English language of tourism".

I should analyse the linguistic feautures of tourist written and oral texts.

I'm really interested in analyse some speech of tour guides in order to understand which linguistic devices are used to fascinate tourists.

So, i'm writing this mail to ask you if you would like to help me in find some authentic material to use for my research (for example, some written samples of a guide's speech - tourism ads, brochures etc..)
Further more, i would like to do a little written interview to a guide about his/her personal experience as guide.


I hope that you can help me. Thanks in advance.


I need a tour guide's help!

Post 2

bazillus

Hello ' jamyrene',

i just have read your posting from april 2007.
Well, how is the status of the degree thesis ?

If you are done with it, i would really appreciate to read it.
Otherwise if it is stil an ongoing project i would offer my help and knowledge about it.

About me,
I am german, living in Berlin, working as artist, designer + tour guide. My tours are for tourist as well i do special projects as artitstic tours, as a tour with the subject: 'The shortest tour in the shortest street'. I give guided tours in german + english.

Kind regards,
Uli


I need a tour guide's help!

Post 3

nina_yuen

Hello, I found a good website for looking up tour guides. It is called www.jjguides.com.

You can contact guides from all over the world, as well as some local ones that you might be able to speak to face-to-face.

Good luck with everything,

Nina


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more