A Conversation for Wizard Lore - What's In A Wizard?

Wizardry & Sorcery

Post 1

MasLightningWolf

smiley - star A Wizard's true purpose is to act as a conduit for Natural Magic, controlling the flow of magical forces throughout Nature & directing it towards its proper place in its proper realm. A Sorcerer/Sorceress has no true purpose other than one of his/her own choice.
A Wizard receives his/her power from the Trapped Magic of Nature, which is a part of God's power. A Sorcerer/Sorceress enlists the aid of evil spirits & demons to acquire their ability to use Forbidden Magic (Sorcery), or uses knowledge from Wizards for their own purposes.
A Wizard forsakes the trappings of wealth & power. A Sorcerer/Sorceress usually desires more wealth & power.
A Wizard maintains & replenishes the flow of Natural Magic which he/she uses, leaving the natural condition of his/her surroundings unscatched or livelier than before. A Sorcerer/Sorceress drains the Natural Magic from his/her surroundings heartlessly, leaving stagnation & decay in their wake.
There is no such thing as an EVIL Wizard. Wizards who turn bad (like Saruman in 'Lord Of The Rings') are automatically called Sorcerers & Sorceresses.
Wizards are not to be underestimated through physical means as they're much stronger than mere mortals. Roaming from one realm to another while carrying a satchel laden with everyday-life essentials & a staff in hand requires more strength, stamina, endurance, agility & concentration than a normal human can produce. They can also jump very high. Sorcerers/Sorceresses, who do not have much of a need to travel or have their own minions to do it for them, have less exercise & are therefore physically weak by nature. But don't be so bold as to challenge a Sorcerer/Sorceress in hand-to-hand combat, as with a single spell they can take the manifestation of The Rock or Chyna.smiley - fullmoon


Key: Complain about this post

Wizardry & Sorcery

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more