A Conversation for Captive Care of Leopard Geckos

Eating mice...

Post 1

digiraver

I have a 14 year old leopard gecko (name is 'kiko' which is hawaiian for spot). Ever since he was about a year old I have feed him a diet of crickets as well as mice. The trick about the mice is to ask your pet store for 'pinkie' mice. If they give you a funny look explain to them that pinkie mice are newborn mice and that they are for feeding a leopard gecko. Expect to pay about a dollar or two at the most. Not all pet stores sell pinkie mice but (if you have more than one gecko otherwise it's not worth the trouble) you can easily buy a male and female mouse from the pet store and 'raise' your own.

Enjoy...


Eating mice...

Post 2

Ford-Prefect

Mice can be fed to Leopard Geckos but some don't take to then and they have to be very well supplemented to have any nutritional value. By the way breading your own mice for food it illegal, as you have to have a licence.


Eating mice...

Post 3

digiraver

hmm...where are you from that it is illegal? All the pet stores around here (California, USA) were the ones to give me that advice...

Just curious...


Eating mice...

Post 4

Ford-Prefect

Sorry about the delay on replying...


Im in England but I dont know about America.smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Captive Care of Leopard Geckos

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more