A Conversation for Captive Care of Bearded Dragons

Bearded dragon info page

Post 1

kim999possible

You have given wrong information in your Bearded Dragon page.
You have stated that for lighting and heating you should use a reptisun 5.0 UV bulb. That is incorrect information, you should use a Reptisun 10.0 UV bulb.
The 5.0 bulb is far too weak and on the outer packaging for the bulb it states it is for frogs and other like creatures that live in a tropical environment, where-as the 10.0 bulb is packaged with pictures of bearded dragons on the front, and is for animals that live in desert conditions.
This error could cause serious health problems for any bearded dragon whose owner has read this article and bought the wrong bulb.

Also, a bearded dragon is highly unlikely to ever learn to drink from a water bowl as they do not drink water in the wild, they get their water from the fresh greens they should be provided with.
Spraying is only required once a day not 2.

Edible varieties of sand are dangerous to bearded dragons as the sand can compact in their bowels and they will not be able to pass it and they will die. You can find this information on any reputable exotic animal care site.

And finally I doubt that they will ever be confused with geckos since geckos are nocturnal and Bearded dragons are not.

All this information has come from careful research, as I own a bearded dragon of my own.


Key: Complain about this post

Bearded dragon info page

More Conversations for Captive Care of Bearded Dragons

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more