A Conversation for Tenpin Bowling

Bowling Trivia

Post 1

Steve K.

What is the least number of balls you must roll to complete a standard game of bowling?


Bowling Trivia

Post 2

Vestboy

If this is a trick question the answer is 1. You will use the same ball in each frame.

Otherwise my calculation is you would bowl 11 times assuming you make a strike every frame except for the 10th.


Bowling Trivia

Post 3

Steve K.

Not a trick, 11 is what I had in mind ... some people say 12 as their first impulse, a perfect game.

Not sure I could agree with using the same ball every time ... I usually blame the ball for my lousy score and get another one. Not EVERY frame, but ... smiley - cross

I used to bowl with a friend who would set his bowling ball on a pillow in front of the TV to watch the pros bowl ...
smiley - popcornsmiley - zen


Bowling Trivia

Post 4

Vestboy

I have my own ball in a deep dark recess of the shed. I'm sure it won't fit any more but someone gave me some bowling vouchers for Christmas and I really want to get back into it. It does make a big difference having your own ball.


Bowling Trivia

Post 5

Steve K.

I do have my own ball. And blamed it for my lousy bowling. And went and got a house ball. Then went and got another house ball ...

Actually, my final attitude was that bowling is an excuse to drink beer, same as golf ... smiley - ale

When I play golf now, I don't even keep score, but I'm not sure that's an option with bowling (its been a long time), seems like the machine keeps score all by itself when I watch my wife bowl, even for practice.


Bowling Trivia

Post 6

Vestboy

It all seems to be computerised now - which helps more people to play and enjoy it without needing to have a degree in Maths... but I do miss the squared bits of paper with the crosses and slashes showing strikes adn spares.

Just call me old fashioned.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tenpin Bowling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more