A Conversation for 'Danger Mouse' - the TV Series

Gaelic Mouse

Post 1

Underground Caroline

Little Known Fact (unless you live in Scotland) - Scottish gaelic programming dubbed Danger Mouse into gaelic. Unfortunately, the gaelic for Danger Mouse involves completely different words for obvious reasons.
In order to explain the large DM on our superhero's front they had to pretend that it represented the initials of his name and called him Donnie Murdo.
Very surreal. smiley - smiley

I wonder if Danger Mouse was ever dubbed into any other languages, and how they got around that little problem.


Gaelic Mouse

Post 2

Baach U Man!

Yeah I remember watching this whenever I was off school. The song at the start was hilarious.....Donnie Murdo dah dah dee dee....Donnie Murdo dah dah dee dee, and so on.

Ahhh the memories.


Gaelic Mouse

Post 3

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

I remeber watching Danger Mouse in german, when I was a kid! I LOVED it!!!!!
There was no problem with the names though - they were just left in english... .

Can anybody remeber the words to the song? I didn't understand much english when I last had the chance to watch the series, but I always wondered what the song was about!


Gaelic Mouse

Post 4

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

Oh OK! Found the lyrics in the guide entry about cartoons... . smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more