A Conversation for Pubs in Braine l'Alleud

pubs in Braine L'alleud

Post 1

Researcher 186479

whilst it might well be true that the blood alcohol level applied to motorists in Belgium is so low that minimal consumption puts you over the limit (i'm not a belgian lawyer), no one should be under the impression that this actually stops Belgians from indulging and then driving. Here in Vlanderen, just wait outside bars and count the number of unsteady on their feet people coming out of bars. Personally I always find driving late at night and in the early hours of the morning a heightened experience as I look for potential accidents waiting to happen. These can sometimes be identified by the number plates on the car. Modern drivers (i.e. Belgians who didn't get their driving licence handed to them in a cereal box) have number plates with the format letter letter letter number number number. Older folk can be often identified by a number plate bearing fewer characters than this. In Belgium number plates stay with the owner so a short number plate originates from a time when there were fewer cars on the road.


Key: Complain about this post

pubs in Braine L'alleud

More Conversations for Pubs in Braine l'Alleud

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more