A Conversation for Scottish Country Dancing

Folk Dancing

Post 1

deackie

Sadly, folk music and dancing has a bad reputation which is a shame as it is great fun. It gets the adrenaline pumping, is good excecise and the partner swapping is a fantastic way of meeting everyone at the Caleigh. Unfortunately, although in recent years there has been a big increase in interest for Scottish and Irish music and dance, English folk music and dance is completely forgotton yet just as good. It is also an impt. part of English culture and it is sad that the English forget it. My favourite dance has to be The Invicta Horse as I am a Kentish girl through and through and very proud of my history and heritage.


Folk Dancing

Post 2

Mindy

Yes, I agree there are some lovely English dances, including the Playford ones in particular, but some of them aren't assisted by their names - Jack's Maggot, for instance, springs to mind.


Folk Dancing

Post 3

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I love dancing and am pleased to come across this article ... I'm sure that dancing will forever be kept alive and that dances will be passed down if we let them smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more