A Conversation for Early American Blues

I'd like to add a few more names to this entry

Post 1

Researcher DJ Tech

What about the bluesmen (and women) of the 90's?

Hard to forget about Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd,Koko Taylor, Duke Robillard and Susan Tedeschi.

And what about B.B. King, Bo Diddley, Buddy Guy, and Junior Wells? They all influenced the music of today.




DJ Tech


More names again

Post 2

pitchy

The blues really does influence nearly every form of popular music today, as the entry states. There must be due credit given to a few more bluesmen like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf, who were largely responsible for bringing the electric guitar sound into the blues. In particular when playing tunes written by Willie Dixon, his formidable bass player (who legend has it carried his double bass around as though it was as light as a guitar), Muddy Waters developed a sound that was as brash as it was stylish.

For anyone looking for point of reference to the Blues at its most accessible, these are are all great places to start.


Key: Complain about this post

I'd like to add a few more names to this entry

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more