A Conversation for St Albans, Hertfordshire, UK

Living there?

Post 1

Nathan

Hi all.
I am considering moving to the St Albans area.
Can anyone give me some feedback on if this is a good idea?
I am 25, moving with my Girlfriend, and have no kids.

Any suggestion (good or bad) or information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Nathan


Living there?

Post 2

BuckStopshere

St Albans seems to rate very highly for most writers on the subject.

Factors such as character, history, communications, closeness to London etc have been well-documented - most recently in the Sunday Times "Homes" supplement. All of this, however, keeps house prices relatively very high.

You say you have no kids. That, in some ways, makes the move easier. I work in the education system, and admission to the city's schools can be tricky unless you're in the right place at the right time. Make sure you are familiar with the admissions rules for local primary schools just in case this could be a factor for you in the years ahead! It can make quite a difference.

The schools themselves, or the county council help centre, (01438) 737500, give more accurate information than estate agents in this respect.

Good luck!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more