A Conversation for Lava Lamps

Wandrin lamps

Post 1

Wand'rin star

I have a purple one with orange wax sitting in my kitchen on the other side of the world. This is because I didn't have sufficient luggage allowance to bring it here. It did travel to Australia and back with me four or five years ago. Should you wish to emulate this with yours, procure two very large empty Nescafe tins,pack your underwear between the lamp and the tins, tape the tins together and put the resultant object in your luggage. Any customs officer worth his salt will think it's a bomb and ask you to open up,but that's one friend you've made in a new country.


Wandrin lamps

Post 2

Anonymouse

But who am I going to get to drink the *shudder* Nescafé so I can have the empty tins? smiley - winkeye

'Nonnie


Wandrin lamps

Post 3

Wand'rin star

LOL I got mine (empty) from a shop in the village that sold builders' supplies. alas now defunct. Over the years they provided things like Victorian casement catches (from original stock I think)


Wandrin lamps

Post 4

Anonymouse

Ah.. Those types of things 'round here tend to end up on shelves adorning the walls of local diners with 'Not for Sale' signs on them. ;-/

'Nonnie


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more