A Conversation for Model European Council

School years...

Post 1

26199

Having just left highschool in the UK, we didn't refer to the years mentioned as 5th, 6th and 7th... (counted from the start of highschool)... we used 11th, 12th, 12th (counted from the second year of primary school, and year 12 lasts for two years).

Not that this has any particular significance; I just thought I'd mention it in my capacity as eternal pedant.

Nice article smiley - smiley

26199


batten the hatches

Post 2

Researcher 92765 1/2

Well let me cause a storm of indignation, from all you europhiles (usually people from outside Europe, the french (so they can claim subsidies) and the germans who regard it as a 1945 consolation prize)
I went to an Anglo European school and was sent along with my ever errant classmates all over Europe (well the French and German bits). To a man everyone who went to school with me is rabidly anti- european. Understand we like Europeans (maybe not for a light lunch) its just that we dont want them here, and dont want to become one. The USSR has learnt that huge economic centralised structures do not work. It is a lesson that "Europeans" should pay attention to.
Any one wishing to join my international xenophobes club should contact me, I may reply. Be happy


batten the hatches

Post 3

26199

Er... you'd probably have been better off starting anew thread for that one, doesn't really work as a reply to my post about school years, y'know?

Personally, I couldn't care less what happens in terms of major economic stuff to my country. I'm unlikely to notice.

26199


batten the hatches

Post 4

Researcher 92765 1/2

good point - apologies


batten the hatches

Post 5

26199

Don't worry about it smiley - smiley

Now... where were we? It was either a pedantic discussion about school years, or politics. Not having much interest in either, I shall probably shut up at this point smiley - tongueout

26199


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Model European Council

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more