A Conversation for British Pigeons

Pigeons - Filthy and Inbred.

Post 1

Water Eat


This entry seems to omit the fact that pigeons must be one of the most filthy inbred creatures on the planet.

Oh, yes. I'm sure the one's from the wild, and the ones kept by fanciers, are clean and of good breeding. But cast an eye on the twisty toed, flea ridden urban variety that try to infect you with a smorgasboard of infectious diseases every time you try to eat a sandwich in a public place. That is, if they're not so inbred that they can't actually walk.

Yes of course, this is all the fault of urban man in the first place, but doesn't this side of pigeons at least deserve a mention?


Pigeons - Filthy and Inbred.

Post 2

Researcher 199141

How can you trap them. Has anyone a diagram or plan of a pigeon trap.


Pigeons - Filthy and Inbred.

Post 3

KB

Surely you have that the wrong way round - the nice, clean pedigree birds kept by pigeon fanciers are the inbred ones - they are bred for purpose like dogs.

The ugly mongrels you see in the city are anything but inbred - often they breed with the other species of pigeon. They possibly have the broadest gene pool of any.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more