Normand Lamour Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Normand Lamour

0 Conversations

Normand Lamour is a musical artist who appeared to the public in 1998 in Quebec, Canada. Such an unusual musician could only be published with the advance of technology (mainly self-recording with computer and CD-ROM auto-production).

This man's music is so overwhelmingly simplistic but sincere that most people got fascinated with the fact that this material could be distributed at all.

Lamour's way of composing is, well, unique. Obviously with no musical skills, he uses the computer program 'Band-in-a-Box' to compose music in many different styles while he sings with his high-pitched, shaky old man's voice. The result is mind-boggling; it's a cross between Edith Piaf, Jamiaroquai and Deep Purple.

Still, the lyrics amaze his audiences the most. They are either based on everyday absurd details, or on the infinite love for the human race that God gives to him in His many apparitions (he changed his name to Lamour, which means 'love' in French).

When Normand starts recording, he doesn't know where the song will end. He lets God speak through him. For example, a song named 'In the Kitchen' (in French) tells about his wife cooking for him in the kitchen, while he rambles about his favourite meal. Another song is about a little bird who sings in a bush, Normand being particularly touched by this because he thinks the bird is trying to imitate him and is full of love.

Lamour started a few years ago recording analogue cassettes and selling them through door-to-door sales, most of the time ending up giving them to people. A jaw-dropping series of coincidences made Normand climb to star level in a couple of weeks. He even beat CĂ©line Dion sales for a day.

Interviews quickly revealed that the old man was senile. But they strongly recommend his albums. Further proof that reality is stranger than fiction.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A301834

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more