A Conversation for A75 Stranraer to Gretna Trunk Road

The A75 and the ginger bunnies

Post 1

Mahogany Twipet

Many of my school holidays in the 1970's and 1980's were spent on the A75 roadside, somewhere between Stranraer and Castle Douglas, at my grandparents end terrace house down by the sea front.
The A75 used to be no more than a windy little single carriage road, some 200 yards away from the back door, but the general widening, straightening and other such improvements brought it and the incessant rumble of articulated vehicles, to-ing and fro-ing from Ireland, somewhat closer.
So, what has all this got to do with rabbits? Well, there used to be a warren and a family of rather unusual ginger bunnies that lived in a field between the house and the site of the old road for donkeys years. When the road came, we never saw then again ...
Watership Down versus the Vogons ... well that's progress for you!


Key: Complain about this post

The A75 and the ginger bunnies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more