A Conversation for 'The Straight Dope' by Cecil Adams

The Reader

Post 1

Classic Krissy

Is still one of the greatest newspapers in Chicago. It's the paper that has it's pulse on the city. Published every Thursday, it's far superior if you want to find a new apartment, find a show, get a restaurant, movie, or theatre review. Whenever anyone who is a native of the city wants to get an idea of what to do for the weekend the phrase almost always used is "Do you have a Reader?" and the answer is almost always "Yes".

Another fantastic thing about the Chicago Reader is that it's absolutely free.


The Reader

Post 2

PTVroman

When I worked in Evanston, I loved reading the Reader. Had some interesting articles, besides Cecil's column. The Personals are the greatest!


The Reader

Post 3

Classic Krissy

LOL!! Yep, there's nothing like going to Melrose or Pick Me Up and having an omlett and coffee and reading The Reader. Reading the personals aloud to each other is also a great laugh. smiley - smiley


The Reader

Post 4

reisz

oh, man, I just moved to L.A. from Chicago - where I lived for 8 years. L.A. has some cool free papers - but nothing to compare to the Reader!!! I set aside an hour every thursday afternoon to scan section 3 to see what bands were playing where. I even miss reading all the nasty letters that one music critic would always elicit after bagging on some local band....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more