A Conversation for Aldborough, Norfolk, UK

Query

Post 1

Frogspawn

What is the difference between Aldborough, Norfolk and Aldburgh, Suffolk ?


Query

Post 2

Tokaido

they are different places! hehe


Query

Post 3

Daisy

Isn't the one in Suffolk by the sea and much bigger? I think it's also quite near Southwold which, as I keep telling people, is where Adnams comes from - in my humble view, the best beer in the country.

I know Aldborough in Norfolk well having grown up near Blickling (a not-insignificant little village just outside Aylsham) and spent many a summer on Aldborough green on the rather precarious fairground attractions which visit once a year.

It's actually quite beautiful, but I reckon the pubs are meant for sitting outside of in the summer and not for rainy-day drinking.


Query

Post 4

Tokaido

Yep -The suffolk one's pretty big and on the coast, the norfolk one's about 15k inland south of Cromer - big village green and some peachy pubs designed for sunny days and cricket!

Agree on the rainy day thesis - its not amazing in the cold and wet

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Aldborough, Norfolk, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more