to an aspie child

0 Conversations

church is an overwhelming experience.

Time stands still.


The clothes are uncomfortable. The smells of hundreds of colognes and perfumes and dry-cleaning fluids and deodorants and the products used to clean the carpets and the restrooms are pervasive and distracting.

The smells of the old bibles and the used crayons, the pissy butts of the other children and the breaths of everyone are simply monstrous.

The sounds are everywhere. The odd textures of his own clothing, the greasiness of the folding chairs, the sick sweetness of the snack juice and the crumbling of the architecture and the cookies all combine to indicate to the fight or flight response that it is time to do something, anything, rather than submit to these strange and hurtful people.

Then he gets punished. And the hurt continues. Then the parents get called out of their important rituals. More humiliation. And later, when we get home, a whipping.

God, Jesus, Aphrodite, Zeus, Astarte, Lilith, Mithras, anybody! Where were you when I needed you?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A28331372

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more