Culture for the cultureless

0 Conversations

I used to think it was only stupid white people who celebrated the meaningless as if it were the ultimate in holiness.

Then I became aware of the customs of other cultureless cultures.

To force a curious child of 7 to bend to the precepts of a relignon that was only pieced together as a reaction to what old folks didn't like about another relignon is absurd.


When I first heard the phrase "Children's Church", I thought that maybe there was hope. Nope. The phrase meant nothing. Just a couple of well-meaningless adults presenting a watered-down version of the pap the adults were getting in the big room.

Children should be allowed to explore the stupidity of religion with other children. They should be allowed to ask questions, draw their own pictures and play with the concept that maybe God would eat wheat paste if he only had a mouth...

It is also absurd that retarded adults be allowed to cling to useless habits simply because they believe the idea was handed down from gods. If they knew what the gods were really thinking, I think they'd not only blush, but wanna hide.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A28331237

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more