A Conversation for Cuban Marinade - 'Mojo'

mojo (Cuban Marinade)

Post 1

ox

Every November when the sour oranges (orange-lemon cross) are ripe here in Tampa, I heavily stud a shoulder of pork with whole cloves of garlic and cover the meat with a paste of chopped oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. I then juice 20 to 30 of the luscious sour oranges and pour that juice over the pork, marinating all for 24 hours. Into a slow oven for many hours. Especially good in a sandwich with goat cheese and slivers of onion.
We pronounce the word "moho". I use the juice as the only liquid (not pouring it off before roasting), but for those who choose so, an addition of white wine or a bit of sherry is superb.


mojo (Cuban Marinade)

Post 2

NoTalent

Just want to add that Mojo is quite possibly the tastiest thing on the planet. Do whatever you have to do to try it and you will be hooked.


mojo (Cuban Marinade)

Post 3

Researcher James Dean

Could use a bit more Garlic, I let my pork loin marinate 72 hours, Love it.....


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cuban Marinade - 'Mojo'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more