A Conversation for Birmingham, The Midlands, UK

Birmingham Carnival and the Capital of Culture bid

Post 1

U187657

What do people think of the bid by Birmingham to become European Capital of Culture in 2008?

I think it is one of the best things that could ever happen to my city - and I am SICK of all of the Brummie jokes, the brummie accent stereotypes and all of the "funny" people taking a cheap shot at Brum because it's always been perceived as a soft target.

I love Brum because it is the most ethnically diverse city in the entire country: we are PROUD to be multicultural here, and we celebrate diversity!

On that subject, what do people think of Birmingham Carnival? I must admit an ulterior motive here - I run the Birmingham Carnival website at http://www.birminghamcarnival.co.uk/ and I want to find out what we can do to make Carnival better for everyone. Carnival also supports the Capital of Culture bid - of course!


Key: Complain about this post

Birmingham Carnival and the Capital of Culture bid

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more