A Conversation for Bembridge, Isle of Wight, UK

Disagreement!

Post 1

Roshua

As someone who is uniquely positioned to comment on life in Bembridge, having grown up there, literally 150 yards from the opticians, the main place the rejects could be found is by the shopping center (I use the term lightly) on Lane End Road, and if not there then hanging out at the 'Rec'. Those kids to be found outside the Opticians (I was not one of them, I may add) were invariably the more intelligent, and if left to develope one can see, almost a rival gang issue developing.


Disagreement!

Post 2

Bluebottle

Hmm... Well, I'm from Sandown myself, so I must defer to your better knowledge - but I must admit there does seem to be a crowd around the opticians whenever I'm in the village. As a friend of mine who lives in Bembridge has often told me.

I haven't noticed the ones around Lane End Road, but I'll admit I'm not there that often.

<BB<


Disagreement!

Post 3

Researcher 191091

Why the Opticians? We had better places to go when I lived in Bembridge. My father Alf Chick was the local baker, living at Provendance House which is now the Maritime Museum.


Disagreement!

Post 4

Researcher 191091

Why the Opticians? We had better places to go when I lived in Bembridge. My father Alf Chick was the local baker, living at Provendance House which is now the Maritime Museum.


Disagreement!

Post 5

Bluebottle

Why the opticians? I don't know - as I said, "Why they hang around outside the opticians is unknown". I certainly wouldn't hang around there, yet whenever I have been in Bembridge, that's where they hung. Strange.smiley - weird

Where abouts in Bembridge did you live? (After not being at Provendence House)

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more