A Conversation for The Dogon/Sirius Mystery

This again?

Post 1

Infidel Number One

I'm not impressed by these claims. The idea of white dwarf stars in general, and of Sirius B in particular, was widely known to the public in the West by 1946, through popular articles in magazines, and so on. The Dogon could easily have picked it up from previous contact with westerners.

You say Dogon knowledge predated the Western discovery of Sirius B by centuries, possibly millennia. But what evidence is there really for that?

What would have impressed me more would be if they had known something that wasn't know to science by that time, such as the structure of DNA.


This again?

Post 2

anhaga

smiley - erm

"You say Dogon knowledge predated the Western discovery of Sirius B by centuries, possibly millennia."

just to nose in for a moment. Where does the entry say that? Seems to me that the entry says exactly what you say, Infidel, except in greater detail. I don't quite see how you could infer that the entry was promoting the idea of Dogon special knowledge. Did you actually read it?


This again?

Post 3

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

smiley - erm I don't think you finished readng Gradient's aricle, Infidel.

smiley - biggrin BIGAL


This again?

Post 4

flyingtwinkle

dogons probably possess special powers of observation


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Dogon/Sirius Mystery

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more