A Conversation for Vampires

vampires, are they real?

Post 1

Researcher jaw25yo

I know this might sound wiered coming froma 'sensible 25 year old, but if every country has some sort of legend about vampires, doesn't that lead to the question, Is there any truth?? I mean we are talking about when there was no mass communiaction, so as I said before, is there an element of truth?

I only need to mention one legend, Vlad The Impayler??


vampires, are they real?

Post 2

Drusilanne

smiley - vampireThe British one is probably correct. Films change it, like in Blade. Mythically, a silver bullet through the heart won't kill a vampyre and theres no such thing as a day walker, or a reaper. Apart from the Grim Reaper. Its like the werewolf myth. It changes from here to there.

smiley - devil*Deepest Sympathy*smiley - devil


vampires, are they real?

Post 3

firstmanslayer

Hey.
I share the same question, but to be honest, if they realy were real i'm sure we'd all know about it. Cos if they're real, then they'd just be like preditors, and mankind would know about them and know how to keep away from them. but instead we only have stories, which means either, (1)-they're real, but so lame they only kill about 5 people every year, and in different parts of the world so they're not traced, or (2)-they are just a myth, scary, but altogether quite interesting and entertaining....especialy the whole bootyliciouse slayer deal....oh yeah! woops, got sidetracked!
anyway, that's my point, if they were real, we'd know!


vampires, are they real?

Post 4

thankyou for making a simple door very happy


You have to remember that it is natural for any society and indeed an uncultured human brain to sort everything into good and evil, and explain the unexplainable. The results of explaining things with a negative impact on a person's life are myths and legends about goblins. It might seem strange that so many societies have stories about "vampires" but they are all slightly different legends, and we gave them the name vampire, which makes them seem more closely related than they are.

In short, Vampires are no more real than George Bush's cerebrum.


vampires, are they real?

Post 5

The Dali Llama

I do not personally feel that there are probably "real" vampires around(not yet anyway; with the wonders of modern biotechnology though...) but I'm willing to accept evidence to the contrary. However, if there were, well there are thousands of unexplained disappearences per year, maybe they're being subtle about it. yes most predators aren't, but then gazelles rarely fight back. If vaampires do exist, then they would be onre of the few things which preys on predators(humans being one of the other exceptions) and need to be more careful about it.
On an unrelated note, not all cultures, or all people divide the world into good and evil. That we think they do is merely because all of oud information about other cultures is filtered through the preconceptions of whoever is translating for us.


vampires, are they real?

Post 6

The Dali Llama

although there is a fellow on h2g2 who claims he truly is one if your interested in talking to him.


vampires, are they real?

Post 7

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

yeah, but you claim you're the Dali Lamna


vampires, are they real?

Post 8

The Dali Llama

I beleive you are thinking of the Dalai Lama. A creature of an entirely different order.


vampires, are they real?

Post 9

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

I know what I said.


vampires, are they real?

Post 10

Nomi Sunrider00

Hm, if people obsessed with drinking blood counts as being a vampire, then there probably are a lot out there. But I don't personally think there are actual vampire creatures any more than Sasquach or zombies.


vampires, are they real?

Post 11

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

yeah. I completely agree with the "Nomi Sunrider00". I mean, plenty of people drink blood, but they're not vampires. Like politicians.


vampires, are they real?

Post 12

Researcher 204833

some say that vampires were real and now there all dead, wiped out. and that to compensate todays equvilant is a human that drinks human blood knowingly and willingly. that vampires have to live on and thats as close as were gonna get.


vampires, are they real?

Post 13

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

some people paint themselves pink and worship gherkins.


vampires, are they real?

Post 14

Researcher VampireGrl

heeheehee.... I think the movies are a bit unreal as far as real vampires are concerned. But as far as meeting or knowing one... you never know...


vampires, are they real?

Post 15

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

the same goes for gherkins. I mean, my best friend has been looking increasingly green and gherkin-like


vampires, are they real?

Post 16

Researcher VampireGrl

That doesn't mean that your friend is one. Believe me. I know.


vampires, are they real?

Post 17

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

I hope I'm not violating the House Rules by saying that you're beginning to sound like that Sadistic German who had sex with men in return for sucking their blood and claimed to be a vampire. There's a point where this stops being funny. You want to be careful not to attract the wrong sort of attention, missy.


vampires, are they real?

Post 18

Researcher VampireGrl

I'll stop now. Sorry. My view of Vampires is somewhat different from alot of other peoples. My own mythology collection is that they can walk in day and night (weakened by sun), look like anyother person, have retractable fangs, cast full reflection, drink blood every so many weeks, go to church just to blend in, wear black. That is my mythology on a vampire. I enjoy reading the stories about them. I have had an obbsession on vampires since I was 12.


vampires, are they real?

Post 19

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

hmmm. Well I watch Buffy and Angel too. It would be kind of useful to have retractible fangs, wouldn't it?

How old are you know, by the way? (ie - how much bad language can I use)


vampires, are they real?

Post 20

firstmanslayer

I once again must say, vampires ar just a sexual fantast created through the church's repression of everything sexual. I.E. covering up all those valuptuous piano legs!ooooer! Matron!


Key: Complain about this post