A Conversation for In Defence of Pyjamas

Skin Only!

Post 1

Claidhamhair

Pyjamas are miserable things! They catch against the sheets and don't allow you to roll around properly, not to mention the barrier they pose to truly spontaneous sex. Not only that, but even in cold climes you're better off to have thick blankets and sleep nude- at least to me it feels warmer! Then you also get the wonderfully refreshing sensation of rolling out of bed into the clean, cold air that invigorates and wakens, and makes the warm shower all the more heavenly!


Skin Only!

Post 2

Morgan

I agree entirely, and haven't worn anything in bed since I was old enough to put myself to bed. One advantage of not wearing pyjamas you didn't mention is the sensation you get when a kitten climbs under the duvet with you. But you do have to keep stillsmiley - smiley


Skin Only!

Post 3

BluesSlider

Oh yeah, keeping still is essential. You know where I'm coming from M smiley - bigeyes And if you have a significant other (other than the cat) skin to skin is sooooo nice.


Skin Only!

Post 4

Bluebelle

...except when you perspire, and start to stick together like slugs. And appreciating the warm shower after the cold air is one thing, but never getting there because it's too cold to even to stick one leg out of bed is a bit more like reality for me. Pyjamas, electric blanket, and two duvets for me. And socks too, if it's really cold.

Another advantage of jim jams - they keep the sheets clean and are easier to wash!

Blue


Skin Only!

Post 5

BluesSlider

Granted, things can get a bit iffy when there's more than one of you and its hot and skin does need a warm climate or good central heating but there's nothing like sliding into cool, clean sheets on a warm summer evening.


Skin Only!

Post 6

Morgan

Yeah, if there's two of you (as in two humans) then it's good if you've got a king-size bed to escape the heat output of your partner.

A large bed has other advantages too, outwith the scope of this threadsmiley - smiley


Skin Only!

Post 7

Demon Drawer

Definatley skin. Though I do own an old pair of PJs which my mother bought me while at Uni. Which are only worn when I'm sick, but not sick enough to stay in bed, but too sick to get dressed. The dossing on the sofa in public kind really. Noramlly I just dosh around in t-shirt and boxers whilst getting ready etc. and noone else in in the house.


Skin Only!

Post 8

cybersimon

Yes indeed, skin only, though I keep pets out of the bedroom.

I thought I would never have to wear jammies again.

That was until we were afflicted (I'm sure tat is not the right word)by what comes naturally as a consequence of sharing the bed with a (human) partner without any clothes.

CHILDREN a source of joy forever.

groping around in the middle of the night changing childrens bed clothes or mopping up vomit in the all-together soon brings back the attraction of some nice warm, violently checkerd, pajamas!


Skin Only!

Post 9

Claidhamhair

There's no reason to wear pyjamas just because you have children! Nudity, whatever our society as a whole may say, is not a harmful thing. If everyone in a household sleeps nude, and walks around the house nude while getting ready for bed, it's much more conducive to a child gaining a sense of familiarity with and respect for his or her own body. I think our social taboo against nudity is rediculous- in my family, everyone walked around nude, and it was no big deal, but I know people whose families are so socially conditioned that even husbands and wives never see one another nude.


Skin Only!

Post 10

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

In the original forum attached to this yarn (before it was accepted) the consensus reached was pyjamas should only be worn by people under 14 and over 40. Nudity was the overwhelming bed attire of choice for other ages.


Skin Only!

Post 11

BluesSlider

OK, when I was less than 14 I was in pyjamas but now, as I approach 40 smiley - sadface I do not intend to return to such apparel. Niether, for the record, do I intend to start wearing vests, another form of clothing closely associated with those over 40. I shall consult with Ormondroyd on this one as he achieves the big 40 this weekend.


Skin Only!

Post 12

Demon Drawer

We look forward to Ormy's input tomorrow. Maybe we should have a wipe round ready to buy him a pair just in case. smiley - winkeye


Skin Only!

Post 13

BluesSlider

Ah, the old keyboard trouble eh, DD? I assume you meant whip round.


Skin Only!

Post 14

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

... and the old sub-editor trouble. This piece is written as opinion - a style of writing that does not use sections. All their use here - and pulling bits out and making them footnotes - achieves is to make the yarn harder to read. It has lost the flow of the original which is posted at http://www.h2g2.com/A203437

Comments on this point would be most welcome.

Frustratingly yours, L


Key: Complain about this post