A Conversation for Neuropathy

neuropathy

Post 1

Researcher 202889

Hi, I have just been diagnosed as having peripheral neuropathy and I am in terrible pain in my feet. My doctor has mentioned sensory neuropathy and says there is no cure. As you said it is quite often alcholics that suffer with this the doctor cannot come up with an underlying cause as I am not a heavy drinker and never have been and also i haven't got diabetes or M.S. You mentioned that there is a cure and that it can take several months can anyone enlighten me on this as both my doctor and consultant have just said I have to live with this awful illness.


neuropathy

Post 2

zendevil

Hello, you are not alone! I've got "it" too; in my case it probably was due to heavy drinking -- I gave up completely 8 months back & in most ways feel much better, but still not right.
A very helpful website exists called the Guillain Barre Syndrome, Im not sure if I'm allowed to give you the actual web address under the Terms & Conditions of h2g2 -- I only joined tonight!! But if you post a message to me direct, I'll get back to you -- maybe we could see if other people in h2g2 have it, write an article etc.
If you've not heard of GBS, it's a form of Peripheral Neuropathy; quite rare, your doctor may not have heard about it.
Do get back to me if you want more info; or just to chat & don't despair -- I know how frustrating it can be!
Take care, all the best, Terri.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Neuropathy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more