A Conversation for Shaving

Let's look at the positives...

Post 1

Dragonesque

I know it's hard and there are so many bad things about shaving, but we should try to look for positives in all situations.

Firstly, I should point out that I am female and while we don't have to shave as often as men, we have to shave a bigger area, but feel free to tell me that I am offering comments out of my jurisdiction and to keep my unwanted opinions to myself (no, then again, please don't as I am rather sentitive and may not recover from such a scathing attack).

But, getting back to it, I read or heard or possible simple made up something about men's faces aging less due to the use of the facial muscles that shaving requires. Apparently, when men shave and move thier facial muscles around it helps to tighten their skin and provides a more youthful appearance as they age. Surely this is a good thing.

Also, shaving means after shave and while some of these reputedly sting, they are great from a female point of view (my personal favourite is Joop) so that then also should have advantages for men.

And lastly I would just like to say that there are a lot of exciting things that men can do with their facial hair by selective shaving (and missing bits does not count). What fun it would be to be able to choose pointy side-burns and moustaches that you can twirl the ends of. Really, guys - shaving does have some advantages! smiley - smiley


Let's look at the positives...

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

I prefer Issey Miyake to Joop, but the tingly feeling is actually reviving and nice.
Also - if you do the hot towel thing you positively glow for the whole morning. smiley - winkeye


Let's look at the positives...

Post 3

Trinity

Joop is nice but shaving at 0530hrs with the mother of all hangovers and cold water is not. And i want to know who really has a microwave in their bathroom???? hot water is a bonus for me


Let's look at the positives...

Post 4

Maita

From reding the Forum entries from our gentlemen members, one wonders why they bother shaving at all. The grooming angle, the looks angle, etc. How about the plain considerate angle? If they got "lucky" at all since they started shaving, they'll know the advantages of sparing their lady the "beard burn", the bane & undoing of future significant meetings with their sensitive-skinned potential lady loves.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more