A Conversation for Running a Live Action Role Playing at a Gaming Convention

Story Arcs

Post 1

Claidhamhair

Writing a single-shot convention game can be fun, but getting 30-40 players together and writing a 4-5 part story arc that has several games over a period of months can give players a lot more opportunity to get into their characters. Having a multipart story also allows you to provide much more in-depth rules, world information, and character profiles to your players, so they have time to study the information ahead of time and make plans and take actions between the games. It takes a lot of work, but can be provide for some awesome roleplaying and storytelling potential that you rarely get in a single-shot game. It also allows genuine rivalries to build and relationships to mature.

Oh, and stay away from the White Wolf geeks. Get creative on your own.


Story Arcs

Post 2

Johanna

Quoth the previous fellow:

<>

Oh, I agree! I've run ongoing larp chronicles as well, but it seems my article on how to do *that* didn't quite meet the Guide's standards. smiley - winkeye I keep an extensive archive of LARP advice for players and GMs elsewhere on the web - give me a private ping if you would like the URL.

-- Johanna


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Running a Live Action Role Playing at a Gaming Convention

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more