A Conversation for Knockers: Their Role in Cornish Folklore

Agi Hammerthief

Post 1

AgProv2

Interesting that this looks like the source material for the character of Agi Hammerthief in Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, where Agi becomes a myth within a fiction based upon folklore in our own dear Roundworld... talk about Russian dolls....


Agi Hammerthief

Post 2

U168592

Mr Pratchett 'sourcing' another idea? Heaven forbid! smiley - laugh


Agi Hammerthief

Post 3

AgProv2

Pratchett is amazing... his books read as if he's spent a lifetime soaking up odd bits of folklore, trivia, information of all kinds, and the discworld books are the way it's chosen to leak out into the universe again , in a transformed and enhanced state...


Agi Hammerthief

Post 4

U168592

blah. Not a patch on Neil Gaiman smiley - winkeye


Agi Hammerthief

Post 5

AgProv2

I will agree that until I encountered the Sandman series, I tended to write off "graphic novels" as glorified overpriced comics... (Old attitude:- "I paid 15p a copy for 2000AD back in the day. So do I look like the sort of mug who'll pay fifteen quid for a reprint of the same grubby smudgy B&W comic strips?" New attitude: "The Sandman.... wow....")

"Good Omens" was a fantastic fusion of styles between Pratchett and Gaiman, I thought. Is there any truth in the story that they're doing a sequel: "668 - The Neighbour of the Beast" ?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Knockers: Their Role in Cornish Folklore

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more