A Conversation for The Suede Chain - the Band

The Suede Chain

Post 1

Researcher 172175

My name is Mary Weingartner, and I used to be the violinist in the Suede Chain. I just wanted to update the author, and let him know that I am still playing quite a bit. I play electric bass and violin in 2 bands, and I still play classically and do quite a bit of recording as a violinist and violist.

I still keep in close touch with the rest of the band members as well.

Thank you for the positive endorsement. How did you become familiar with the band?


The Suede Chain

Post 2

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hi Mary, I'm the author of this article. Thanks for stopping by and reading it, may I ask how you found it?

I graduated from the U of I in 1995, and I was lucky enough to see you and the rest of The Suede Chain perform twice - once at a concert at the Illini Union (I think) with The Moon Seven Times, and a great headliner show you did at Mabel's. I'm living in New Mexico now but I still try to keep an eye on the C-U music scene, mostly through the Parasol website. I still listen to my C-U CD's all the time, including Poster Children, Hum, Moon 7x, Sarge, and of course The Suede Chain.

Have the bands you play in put out any CD's? Is the music on the internet anywhere? I always enjoy what instruments like the violin bring to different types of music......

Have you taken a look around this website at all? It's a very neat idea, especially the way that anybody can submit an article for review and get it "published." (I'm neither a writer or a music critic, far from it, but this website encouraged me to start writing)

Thanks again for replying to the article, and good luck with your future!

-TV's Frink


The Suede Chain

Post 3

Researcher 192514

I've seen Suede Chain a number of times. I now live in St. Louis, where I have the pleasure of listening to Jake Brookman in his new band, Vitamen A. http://www.vitamena.com/

He's played with them for several years now.

Great article on Suede Chain, though.

-Mark Specht


The Suede Chain

Post 4

Researcher 172175

I have been playing in a band called Bella Trevelle. You can check out our stuff at mp3.com or www.bellatrevelle.com.

I, however, have just left that band to pursue some other musical stuff. I'll keep you posted.

Take care,

Mary


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Suede Chain - the Band

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more