February 13th, then down the aisles in Lidls (UG)

0 Conversations



Official UnderGuide Entry

February 13th

Put them away! No! I'm not. I'm not laughing. Stop smirking like that and put them down.

Red ones! Little lacy red ones! Size... where's the size?

Stop it! Come away from there. There's Mrs Evans from bowling... well I'm going. If you want your Cherry Bakewells you'll come now. I mean it.

_________________

See those?!

_________________

Get them out that trolley and away from my groceries this minute!

_________________

Do hurry up Edie, everyone's stopping down the end - must be some good bargains this week.



Oh! Oh my! Oh my goodness, where do they think this is?

Now they are a bargain Joan. You won't get a pair in M & S for that... Don't be silly Edie. And don't wave them around like that!

_________________


Fred! Did you just... did you just wink at that woman across the aisle? Never mind looking over your glasses at me ... you can't wink at strangers in the supermarket!

Look, I was looking, and you were looking, and I looked at you looking, and she looked at me looking at you looking, and Harry over there's looking at all of us looking, and poor Mary's still the colour of a beetroot and trying not to look as if she's looking ... You know what? I'll come shopping with you in Lidl's anytime.





Down the Aisle

We're not getting anything we don't need.

Right dear. Hey! Look at these. No. But ferrero rocher, you li... No.

That's a good pri... No. We'll buy the bread we always buy. I just thought... No. It might be nice. No. Those? No. That? Go and get two leeks, six tomatoes and a dozen carrots. Yes dear. Don't come back - with anything else, no dear.

What's that? It's a mango. Right, I'll put it back shall I? Can't think how it got in among the carrots, you just can't get the staff these - oh, hey! look they've got... No. But... No.

I need a new pair of flip-flops.
It's winter.
Summer's coming... they're two for the price of one?

Bargain?

Wow! Transparent loo seats with fish in them! Cheese.
Cheese?

Oh. Yes dear. Right away.

Just cheese. See? Your usual.



Artists' mannequins!!! They've got... well I might, one day. All the joints move, this is 'leaning on wall scratching'... Hands-free phones! How handy's that? You could dust while you talked. And car shaped post-it notes! Dinky!

Toothpaste... yes.

_________________

No, you're alright love, we don't need any help with our packing. I don't think we even need a bag for our packing, never mind a box for our packing. In fact, I think I could get all these in my pockets.

_________________

I wasn't. You were. No I wasn't. I was being environmentally friendly. Those bags are non-bio-degrad... erm, hang on...


You haven't got your car key there? By any chance? Have you dear?

Mine seems to be stuck in a tomato
.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A25304933

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more