About McDonald's

1 Conversation

What do you know about McDonald’s?

McDonald’s name I don’t have to introduce. Known all over the world as a leading “fast food” restaurant.

When you are on the road traveling long distances of Planet Earth McDonald’s is always there for a quick meal to fuel your tired body. Mostly associated with Hamburgers and French fries in addition to that a drink of Coca-Cola is also a must to quench your thirst.

Prices are so reasonable that even a shoestring traveler can afford it.
And after your hunger and thirst was “taken care” you quickly leave the restaurant to continue your traveling.
The average tourist does not give a second thought about McDonalds.

But beside tourists there are large numbers of people who are not coming just for a quick meal.

This is how I got to know much more about McDonald’s.

Yes, I was also a quick leaving traveler some time ago, up until later I came to the idea to have frequent breakfasts at McDonald’s located near my home.
Mostly I liked “hot cakes” with or without “sausage” and a meal of 3 pancakes got me going well over lunchtime. OK, I am rather a small frame individual and just can’t eat so much like those 200 lb men.

What was so attractive at these breakfasts? You found yourself in a friendly atmosphere, very clean surrounding and the more mature clientele seat there talking long time after finishing their meal. Nobody rushed them to leave. This gave me the impression that this is more like a café in Europe to which I was used to when I lived there.

As time went on I just did not go down for breakfast, but rather for lunch. Those meals were also very pleasant for me, because there is a great deal of variety in food to choose from. In fact I don’t eat red meat since many years, so I don’t eat hamburgers. But there is very tasty chicken or fish sandwiches which I favor, and hot soup and yogurt parfait, and coffee and deserts if you want to add more calories.

You can obtain a long list of menu showing the nutrition contents and the calories in each serving. If you worried about the amount of calories you eat: there are the numbers on the menu to figure out calories before you order your meal.

Also there are no hidden preservatives what you would not know about. You also find a note on the menu to encourage physical activity for a healthy life style.

After I gathered all this information I’d like to tell about my personal experience. When you come day after day to McDonalds you will find new friendships, people to talk to, to share some friendly words. It lifts up your day with smiles to fill empty spots in your brain with positive feelings.
The staff as well as the clientele is amazingly diversified and cosmopolitan. Not only by ethnic backgrounds, but by age also. There are very young babies in the arms of the parents and quite advanced aged individuals coming to McDonald’s to a have “happy meal”.

If you have an hour to spend there to observe the happenings you will find, that there is not one dull moment in the continuously moving, coming, going people in this suburban restaurant for all ages, from all walks of life’s.

There are quiet times, and there are busy times at various hours of the day. But it is always well organized by a lovely Lady, who is the hostess and takes care of any problem of spilled food or some crying baby, or some lonely old man. I think she would be better to write about life at McDonalds since she is there so many years.
I not only find good food at McDonald’s, but new friendships and always leave the restaurant with more energy in my body and soul.

I am writings this essay anonymously. The location of this restaurant is in Long Island on the East Coast of USA.
Hope that all the other restaurants over the Globe are as nice as this one near my home.
Thank you to the people who work at McDonald’s!

Conclusion: You don’t need to go to a Five Star restaurant to have a good time, just have respect for the hands which feeds you.







Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2512955

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more