A Conversation for Philippa of Lancaster (1360-1415) - A tale from the History of Portugal

Philippa of Lancaster (1360-1415) - A tale from the History of Portugal

Post 1

NPGAAG

Dear Sir/Madam

I have read with interest your notes on Philippa of Lancaster, as I am interested in finding all about her. I am trying to determine not only the exact day of the eclipse of the sun (prior to her death - 7th June 1415) as well as study the family, that period of History, Ceuta´s conquest, etc...

Would you be so kind as to let me know how the birth date (31st March 1360) is written (i.e. which calendar style was used in England at the time, Anunciation style, etc...) to find out if it could be 1359, (not counting ano zero).

Also, the text says that the Queen Philippa asked her father (John of Gaunt) if he would like to join them in the Ceuta's conquest - I was under the impression that John Gaunt, her father had passed away in 1399, which does not fit with text, isn´t it ? Nonetheless, it is a very nice article.

Thank you for all the help you can provide.

Waiting for your news

Maria Manuel Peres Gomes


Key: Complain about this post

Philippa of Lancaster (1360-1415) - A tale from the History of Portugal

More Conversations for Philippa of Lancaster (1360-1415) - A tale from the History of Portugal

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more