A Conversation for Scallies

I always wondered what they were called

Post 1

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

There is a sub branch of this wonderful creature, alive and well and living in Australia . They are usually refered to as 'westies' due to their strong affiliation with the western suburbs of Sydney(although this of course is another generalisation and all cities have their own sub-branch).

They have, inexplicably, managed to maintain similar dress standards to their English counterparts despite there being little, if any, contact between the two groups.

The most famous of the Australian species was the boxer Jeff Fenech whose pronouncement " I loves youse all " after winning a world title has, justifiably, gone down as the high point of westie civilisation.

Since this time however they have been stuck in a tragic spiral of devolution which should see them living in trees again within 10 generations.


Couldn't agree more.

Post 2

Albino Lagomorph

I wouldn't be surprised if they were even beginning to wallow back into some kind of primordial soup in ten generations. Still, it's interesting to know that they are not just a local phenomena. It would be interesting to gather together a compendium of all the different versions of Scallies there are over the world... anyway.

Albino Lagomorph (ex Plate-oh)


Couldn't agree more.

Post 3

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

Indeed, even if for no other reason than to know where to avoid them.

Although this could be difficult smiley - sadface


Couldn't agree more.

Post 4

Albino Lagomorph

Yeah, it was just a fleeing fantasy to be honest. Still, you never know.


Couldn't agree more.

Post 5

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

If only we could survive those 10 generations, we would be right.

So near, and yet so far


Couldn't agree more.

Post 6

Albino Lagomorph

Well with science going the way it is, just bung yourself in a freezer, set an alarm clock for some long time in the future and kindly ask that you do not be disturbed until that time. But then, in 10 generations science will have advanced so much that there will be a vaccination against Scallie-like behaviour anyway.


Couldn't agree more.

Post 7

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

We can only hope !!!!


Key: Complain about this post