A Conversation for Tanzania

Nice Entry

Post 1

Researcher 177704

Bonjour sprout,

Just a quick note to say that this is another good entry. I liked the fact that you've included a description of Tanzania's background and of its current situation as well as tourist information, meaning that the entry is both of general interest and of practical value.

I especially liked the rather sardonic sentence: "You could do an entire trip without seeing a single poor person."

It's a shame that this entry doesn't link to your 'Time Out in Africa' series in the Post. I know the Edited Guide isn't supposed to link to non-edited entries, but I really can't see why linking to a published Post article, that is highly unlikely to be altered, is any worse than linking to external sites that often change. Surely a link that was described as a 'Related BBCi Link' rather than an h2g2 link would be ok?

It's tempting to post another thread to the bottom of the entry with the subject 'READ TIME OUT IN AFRICA!!!' but I think I'll save you the embarrassment for now smiley - smiley

smiley - rocket


Nice Entry

Post 2

sprout

Hi Rocket Man

Many thanks for the compliments - not only could people who are interested in this country read my Time Out series (A2241037)smiley - winkeye but also Swiv's fine series (A704503) on her travels through Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda.

On linking, I agree with you entirely. Firstly I think that general hootoo entries are no more likely to be unstable than external websites, and secondly, once entries are placed on The Post or Underguide Archives, they don't change.

Did you see Pinniped's recent request on this, about two weeks ago? I might post back to that conversation, see if the views of the Italics would change if the piece linked to was in a fixed archive.

smiley - cheers

sprout


Nice Entry

Post 3

flyingtwinkle

tanzania -a very nie conducted tour through this article but are the crcodiles, lions,elephants at large roaming about freely ? Is the mount meru the same as mentioned in many eastern stories i wonder ?


Nice Entry

Post 4

Cardi

I like the entry. makes me want to go back! Did you mean to write it using the same format as the Lonely Planet Guide Books? Whatever it does work and read well congrats smiley - biggrin


Nice Entry

Post 5

sprout

Thanks Cardi-bling

The format is quite possibly similar to Lonely Planet. I tried to break it up into logical chunks, and there aint a million ways to do that...

That's one of the reasons I've stopped writing geographical entries for the time being - the format gets a bit samey.

smiley - cheers

sprout


Nice Entry

Post 6

tzchaiboy

I don't know if anyone keeps up with these; I see the last post was in August of 2005, so I'll just take my chances... smiley - smiley

Anyway, first off I just want to say that I loved the article. I was getting ready to sit through another boring Encyclopaedic experience like many resources give when writing articles about a country. Yours, however, was quite interesting and accurate.

However, having lived there for sixteen years, I've caught a few spelling errors and such that perhaps others wouldn't have seen, and that, as a perfectionist, I really wish I could change. Is there a way for me to edit this article, or at least send you suggestions for editing???


Nice Entry

Post 7

sprout

Hi

By all means post them here, and then we can get a site curator to look at them, if they are smallish errors.

smiley - cheers

sprout


Nice Entry

Post 8

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Curator reports for duty. What needs doing?

Done already: F1775468?thread=3531718.

TRiG.smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more