A Conversation for Los Angeles, California, USA

los angeles from one who knew

Post 1

Researcher 104111

Well, I have to admit that I never liked LA...and when I lived near there I frequented San Francisco more often. But, there ARE some redeeming points. Or, maybe just one. Watch the movie LA Story with Steve Martin. I think it would appeal to you.


km²

Post 2

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Good article. Really bring out the glory of LA smiley - winkeye. The km² is a bit confusing as it is next to a footnote. I would recommend spelling out either "square km" or "square kilometres" as this would not make people look for footnote 21 or figure out why there is 21 dimensions to LA smiley - smiley. 10515km²? Is LA really that big?


km²

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Don't ask me, I just wrote the article...the editors threw in all the handy statistics. smiley - winkeye


km²

Post 4

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Personally, I prefer your original article smiley - winkeye.


km²

Post 5

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Thank you very much! smiley - smiley I felt like too many of the good bits got hacked out of this one myself, but it doesn't do much good to complains.


km²

Post 6

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Why not? Complaining releases thoughts and is very pleasurable smiley - smiley.


km²

Post 7

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Because I've already gone this route before, in my Inland Empire, California article. The editors will tell me that they removed that stuff to avoid offending people. But since they have no insight into the LA psyche, they have no way of knowing what Angelinos will find offensive. But, at least I can complain to you... smiley - winkeye


los angeles from one who knew

Post 8

Hoop the Mottle

Oh, L.A., I've been to that planet.Most people ask me to explain when I tell them that the place is a planet unto itself.I was on a bus there when this blonde haired,blue - eyed kid was running up and down the aisle of the bus.His mother , a tanned,blonde haired,blue-eyed radiant beauty of a beach comber told him to "come sit with me".It was very civil, laid back and cool until she called this light skinned,Norwegian-looking toddler by his name, Amahl.That's L.A. to me.The place where you can take the conventional tightly restrained norms of the east coast American experience and throw it out the window.The bland practicality of the midwest has no place there and neither does the Bible hugging evangelistic south.It is an endless suburb filled with people who either ignore or major on appearance and cosmetics.


los angeles from one who knew

Post 9

J. T. Kat

what u said was stupid but i enjioed reading it


los angeles from one who knew

Post 10

Hoop the Mottle

Likewise,I'm sure.


los angeles from one who knew

Post 11

Penguin Girl - returned at last

LA was fun... but it's not as much fun when your radiator boils over in front of mans chinese theater.


Inland Empire

Post 12

Fatlock

You mention an article on the Inland Empire, CA, by which I presume you mean the area around San Bernadino.

I can't find your entry on this, how is it indexed? I have very good friends who live in Upland so I know the area moderately well so I'd be interested to read what you have to say.


Inland Empire

Post 13

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Fatlock: you're only two clicks away. First, click on my name on top of this forum to bring you to my homepage. There's a collection of links on the top that'll take you straight to it.


los angeles from one who knew

Post 14

Hoop the Mottle

Just think - you could have spilled greenish,smelly liquid over the most famous names in Hollywood history.Not to mention their handprints.


los angeles from one who knew

Post 15

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Lol. Yes i could've. That would've been funny.


Key: Complain about this post