A Conversation for Eyelash Curlers

Torture techniques

Post 1

Adz

It's funny you should mention this, but first a few questions.

Why do eyelashes need to be curled?
How can you allow something that sharp and obviously destructive that close to your naked eye?

Back to torture techniques.

Back at home with my two darling sisters, who prey upon weak hungover people like a wolf on the fold, they take extreme delight in plucking my eyebrows in my weakened state.
They'll both be holding a glass of water, one sitting on my chest and the other holding back my struggling arms. Any amount of resistance sees the glasses of water split on the bed, which is not an attractive option, so normally they are allowed to carry out their fiendish plan till it's completion.

If I am able afterwards (physical state dependent), something occurs called "bucket-and-hose escalation", which involves saturation of the sisters.

The shame of it is that the seem to enjoy it, for they know that they've done their purpose of making sure that my eyebrows look good, and for some reason that's their solemn duty.

Maybe that too is "just a girl thing".


Torture techniques

Post 2

Penguin Girl - returned at last

There are many "girl things." I do them, and even I don't understand them.


Torture techniques

Post 3

Adz

See now, is that really a good excuse for getting away with ANYTHING? smiley - smiley


Torture techniques

Post 4

Tony!

Eye feel compelled to point out that eyelash curlers are to make your eyelashes curl, rather than thicker and longer. That's masscara you're thinking of.

I shouldn't know that.


Torture techniques

Post 5

Pootle

But by making the eyelashes curly they then appear longer and thicker, particularly when combined with the aforementioned mascara.


Torture techniques

Post 6

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Well, it could be...
Personally I like having an all purpose excuse for that sort of thing. But you really don't have to believe us when we say things like that. I only know two people who will accept the "girl thing excuse: an idiot friend of mine, and my boyfriend, but that's a special case and i've only used it twice or so.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Eyelash Curlers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more