Discover - if you have not already - the delights of paneer. This is an Indian cottage cheese made very simply in the traditional way by processing the curds of buffalo's milk. The result is a firm cheese, not dissimilar to Italian mozzarella1, which does not melt - making it suitable for use in curries and other savoury dishes.
Most decent Indian restaurants will serve one or more dishes containing paneer - perhaps:
- Saag Paneer (spinach and cheese)
- Fiery Chilli Paneer
- Mattar Paneer (cheesey peas2)
Or try cooking it for yourself by frying it first to brown, then add to a masala before serving.
Another possibility is this ridiculously easy dish:
- Cut fine slices of the cheese.
- Heat a little fat or butter in a flat pan.
- When the oil starts boiling, sauté the slices till brown.
- Sprinkle on a little salt.
Try it, either way. You won't be disappointed.