A Conversation for The Word 'Dude'

dude

Post 1

vaguely safe

Less well known but just as important are the various conjugations of dude:
dudical
dudeness
(my favorite) duditude


dude

Post 2

Sporkage

Also, 'dude' can be used in the Judeo-Christian Biblical sense as duderonemy.


dude

Post 3

WorldMaker

Also:

dudette, dudess or dudemeistress - No example needed here, the feminine of dude.

dudely and dudelyness - That dudely dude just wafted dudelyness when he entered a room. The quality of being a dude and the having of that quality respectfully.

dudeality - In all of dudeality, he was the only dude that stood up to the Principal. The universe of the dude.

dudeability - That dude sure had dudeability. An ability to do almost anything.

dudeathon - The drama club had a dudeathon of improv to test the skills of the dudes and duds who wanted to join. A test of dudeability.

dude-iful - Lo and behold, in walked the most dude-iful dudette that ever graced a dude's party. Someone having beauty worthy of a dude.

dudeing fork - Quit being a dudeing fork! No definition.

dude food - This dude's party sure has great dude food. Snack food as normally found at a party or get-together.

lewd dude's rude chewed food - The Dude's party was full of a lewd dude's rude chewed food. Bad snack food.


Hey-- Anyone else want to suggest dudewords? I think I'll compile "The Dude's Dictionary"!

--WorldMaker--
smiley - bigeyes


dude

Post 4

cacatua

I would recommend that you turn to 'The Big Lebowski' for research material, among the gems contained therein are:

elduderino - for those not into the whole brevity thing
duder - as opposed to dudder
his royal dudeness - for that touch of class

and many others besides. It has the added advantage of being a damn fine movie.

numbat.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more