A Conversation for Aircraft

Enlighten me please!

Post 1

Meistäää

Why is it that, whenever boarding a KLM 747 in Curacao, the reading light switch in your own armrest will unfailingly switch on or off the reading light one row up? When we boarded the plane in Aruba, everything was fine. Once on the ground in Curacao - bingo! The people in front of us got illuminated. This is the second time it has happened to us in as many flights from there (won't work on the Amsterdam to Aruba leg), and on different aircraft.


Enlighten me please!

Post 2

me01273

I used to work in Hurn airport(now known as Bornemouth international), as an aircraft seat refurbisher.
This phenomenom is caused by airlines moving the seats closer together and putting in a extra row at the front(to seat nore passengers of coarse).
If you are near the front of an aircraft you will most likely have a switch for the light over the seat in front of you!

Or the tech guys putting the seats back on the plane have pluged to seat wires into the wrong hole!

David


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more