The Big Breakfast - the TV Programme Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The Big Breakfast - the TV Programme

3 Conversations

The Big Breakfast is a television programme that is broadcast on Channel 4 on weekday mornings between the hours of 7am and 9am GMT in the United Kingdom.

This programme provides the people who are up at such an early hour with a two-hour dose of entertainment that will get them through the day. This entertainment can take many forms including the following:

  • Interviews, a majority of which are with celebrities.

  • Looking through newspapers (including highlighting major articles and trying to find puns in the headlines).

  • Competitions in which viewers can phone into the show to try to win a prize. Examples of some of these games are 'Get Fruity', where competitors play on a human fruit machine; and 'Court with your Pants Down', in which viewers have to guess how many pairs of pants a guest can pull up in 45 seconds while playing tennis.

It is thought by many people that The Big Breakfast is the perfect way of curing a hangover. Unfortunately most people with hangovers stand absolutely no chance of being up at this time of the morning and so cannot benefit from its curative benefits.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A188200

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more