A Conversation for What to Do if you See a Famous Person in London, UK

Famous Meetings

Post 1

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

"then bore friends and relatives with detailed account of your brief encounter."

One thing that never fails to amaze me when enduring these accounts, is that the mate must inevitably utters a phrase along the lines of:

'...and it was just like meeting a NORMAL person '

Now - personally - I have never, ever met 'a NORMAL person' for which I give thanks to [insert supreme being/deity of your choice]. Most of the people I meet are in some way extraordinary, and as I wouldn't recognise what 'a NORMAL person' looks like, would very much appreciate some input about this so that I will know better next time.


Famous Meetings

Post 2

Zed

Ah, the famous 'what is normal' debate. For my money, normal is simply your own frame of reference. Or more cynically, 'never forget you're an individual, just like everyone else'.

Almost everybody belives they, and their 'group' are different, and as such, special. They belive that they are outside of normality - meaning the so-called society defined normal. Since most the people who are supposed to be being normal are out re-enacting civil wars, caravanning, line dancing etc., I too have come to the conclusion there are NO 'standard' people.

For me, normal people ride motorcycles, go to biker parties, have tattoos and houses full of dismembered motorcycles. This is because most of the people I know fit this pattern!

So, I can tell you what a normal person looks like, but only a very personal sort of normal....

H&K
Z


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more