A Conversation for Letterboxing

Letterboxing 2

Post 1

Neil Jones

Letterboxing is also known (to those that know way too much about television "bits and pieces" than is healthy for them) as the art of widescreen, which in itself is the modern day version of letterboxing. It provides better picture quality because of the shape of the picture is more "natural" to the eye.

Easily identifiable by the big thick black sections top and bottom of your TV screen (and for older stuff, at the sides as well).


Letterboxing 2

Post 2

Hilarious Joke

My friends have a widescreen TV (I've got an 108 cm, flat screen, rear-projected sony) and although there are some tv shows and events and some DVDs that are in widescreen format, the rest are stretched to cover the distance and it ruins the picture. People are fatter and quality is lost.

I'll enjoy my TV thankyou very much (although, a plasma would be nice).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more