A Conversation for Seaton, Devon, UK

Seaton and closeby places.

Post 1

U695218

How lovely to have an entry on Seaton! I remember as a kid having a very enjoyable holiday there in the early 1960s at the (then called) 'Blue Waters' Holiday camp.
My folks soon discovered the lovely village of Beer nearby and consequently further holidays were spent there in Mrs White's B+B. We did however, always drive into Seaton for at least one day of the holiday.
Places within easy easy reach and definitely worth a visit were: Branscome, Colyton and Colyford and in the other direction across the border in Dorset was Lyme-Regis with its fossil rich coast.
The cliff walks are varied and of differing levels of difficulty but spectacular nontheless.
The last time I went there was in 1990 and despite the expansion of population, much of it remained as I remembered it as a kid: memories that will stay with me forever!


Key: Complain about this post

Seaton and closeby places.

More Conversations for Seaton, Devon, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more